Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Sept. 15 2021 Week 1

This is my first week at BYU-Idaho, and it is already terrifying. I feel unqualified, unprepared, and out of my league. Maybe I'm too old for this, maybe I have too much going on in my family. I have had the thoughts of quitting, but I am trying to remember the feeling I got when I decided to go back to school. The Holy Ghost has led me here. This is where I am supposed to be right now. I am going to trust in the Lord and keep Him in my studies. So I am going to do my best, and when my best isn't good enough, I will keep trying. 

This week in my Intro to Entrepreneurship class I watched a video about doing what you love. Don't start a business because something is hot and trendy. If you are going to start a business, do it because you love it. You can be good at something but not love doing it. I know this from when I taught Preschool three years ago. I was told how good I was, but I would go home exhausted and not want to return. I didn't love it. You know what I love? Being with my husband. As teenagers, we worked at a restaurant together where we became friends. We loved working together. Now it is our dream to own a restaurant together. Work with and for each other instead of someone else. 

One of my favorite quotes I read this week is from The Startup of You, "Entrepreneurial career planning and adapting is about being flexibly persistent: always ready to adapt, but also persistent in driving towards set goals." Things won't always go my way, so I need to be ready to adapt to the changes. But I need to remember to always be persistent in my goals. 

I am looking forward to this class because I am hoping I can learn how to be successful as an entrepreneur and not lose my business 5 years into it. Give me all the knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 2

I am happy to say that I am not as stressed as last week. Yes, there is still a lot of homework and studying to do, but now that I have a go...